Friday 5 October 2012

One Hour? I'll take that!

One hour after work -- that’s just about all the time I get to hike during the week these days—a far cry from the long hikes we took while on mat leave.  Even with the short time, though, it’s just about the best time of my day.  L’il Chica and I get to spend time together, just like the good old days. 

Climbing Time!
Here’s what we get out of our hour-long Altona hikes:--
1. Brilliant orange, yellow and red fall colours still on the trees

2.  Climbing time on the logs and benches

3.  Playing with cattails near Lacey's Pond... I'll take that!

4.  24 lbs (plus carrier weight) on my back ... that was what the doc said at our last check-up

 5.  Break time for toddler leg stretching
 
        6.  A good get-away after a day with tweens and teens... I’ll take that!

        7.  An afternoon snooze that means a tougher bedtime...  uh... I guess I'd have no choice but to take that.
Out of the Carrier means
boogie time!
        
 8.  A walk that is practically in our backyard – the trail-head is not even a 3-minute walk away.

 9.   Yet another lost hat on the way home.  You know, I COULD use a hat with strings. SMH...
 
     10. Good times all over! You bet, I’ll take that!

Sticks are her weakness.  That and rocks :-)
Cattails for your hair.
Oh no!  She fell asleep.  And, it's almost five in the afternoon!!  And, her hat is gone. Trouble tonight!
 
As happy as I am that we can get out easily and at the spur of the moment for these quickie hike-capades, I am happy that Thanksgiving is coming up.  With an extra day to play with on the long weekend, we’re going on a long hike tomorrow, ... hopefully with some friends. Woo hoo!!! Can’t wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment